Friday, December 31, 2010

Lady Losing Track of Time

This lady has been spending too much time in her sweatpants.  Between having no full-time job and traveling around the Midwest, I can barely tell you what day it is.  I’ve decided that this isn’t a hat I wear particularly well for long periods of time.

When I first became a freelancer/unemployed, I made an effort to keep normal hours.  After moving to a new apartment and the Thanksgiving holiday, I kinda started to sleep a little later than usual.  After I (finally) started to get job interviews, I decided I should “enjoy” not having to report to an office or a boss, because this would probably be my last opportunity to do so.

Unfortunately, I lapsed into a calendar-less coma pretty quickly. It happened more than once that the weekend was upon me, and I didn’t even notice or care.  This was troublesome to me, because I’ve spent the last 10 years looking forward to the weekend.  It was always my free time to do what I wanted, run errands, see friends, work on personal projects, etc.  How did I not notice or care that it had arrived?

I’m not usually one for New Year’s Resolutions, but since the timing is right, my resolution is to get back on a normal schedule in the New Year.  I’m going to set up an “office” in a coffee shop and make a point of wearing actual pants every day.


Posted by Dr. Sweatpants

No comments:

Post a Comment